Public GISA interface service
Public GISA information is made available free of charge in the internet through a free query service of the Austrian Business Licence Information System (GISA) in line with Section 365e (4) of the 1994 Trade Act (GewO 1994).
The Federal Ministry for Labour and Economy and Kooperationsgemeinschaft GISA decided to take a further step by establishing an interface service that enables users to carry out automated queries.
For a description of the interface see: Schnittstellenbeschreibung (available in German) (PDF, 458 KB)
Current interface version: V1.0.0
- The use of the interface is free of charge.
- Use of the information obtained from this interface is not subject to any licence reservation. The interface may be used for commercial purposes. However, it should be noted that IT system operators which link up with the interface are responsible for the processing of the data in compliance with the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and any other applicable data protection provisions. The use of the interface therefore does not entitle users to claim that data obtained from the interface may be processed solely due to the fact of the interface being available.
- As a user you understand and agree that any data protection claims by persons whose data you process or use are not affected by you being the user of the interface and processor of data.
- By using the interface, you expressly consent to the following:
- You process data solely on the basis of the GDPR and other applicable data protection provisions; and
- You do not contend vis-à-vis persons who make claim under the GDPR and other applicable data protection provisions with regard to the processing of data in your IT applications that by using the public interface you are specially authorised to reject justified requests for access or removal of data processed by you.
- You understand and agree that this interface service is a voluntary additional service by Kooperationsgemeinschaft GISA and that you have no legal claim vis-à-vis the Republic of Austria or any territorial authority participating in Kooperationsgemeinschaft GISA that this service will be made available permanently or at fixed minimum hours. Similarly, you are not entitled to request any change or immutability of the interface’s technical specifications. Kooperationsgemeinschaft GISA expressly reserves the right to cease operation of the interface without publishing any reasons therefor.
- By your use of the interface you agree that neither the Republic of Austria nor any other territorial authority participating in Kooperationsgemeinschaft GISA is liable for the correctness and completeness of the data furnished, for interruptions or stoppages of the interface service or for any technical faults of the interface, and you expressly waive any claims for damages or warranty due to your use of the interface, vis-à-vis the Republic of Austria or any other territorial authority participating in Kooperationsgemeinschaft GISA, whether in or out of court.
- The interface service meets the purpose of handling automated queries in accordance with the statutory requirement of the last sentence of Section 365e (3) GewO 1994, according to which a request for information always needs to involve the provision of data on a single individual or single business. The interface therefore solely serves the purpose of validation. Accordingly you expressly understand and agree that the interface does not serve as a modification service or to obtain data from unspecified queries, including but not limited to bulk queries such as lists of business sectors or founders.
- The interface must not be used for illegal purposes or for preparing or executing illegal acts.
For technical enquiries regarding the interface and for technical support please contact the GISA support at firstname.lastname@example.org. Enquiries can be handled only on weekdays from 8 am to 3.30 pm. If you send enquiries outside these hours they will be handled at the earliest during support hours on the next weekday.
Please note the following:
- GISA Support is unable to provide advice on the technical points of the enquirer’s technology.
- At this point in time no additional telephone support hotline is provided.
- Technical questions, especially regarding provisions of the Trade Act and the technical development of GISA, cannot be handled within this support framework.
Kooperationsgemeinschaft GISA reserves the right to ignore enquiries made anonymously or without specifying a contact for callbacks.
Information on Kooperationsgemeinschaft GISA
GISA is operated and developed in accordance with Section 365 GewO 1994 and a cooperation agreement between the governments of the federal and state levels and charter cities/towns. The following territorial authorities are partners:
Federal level: Republic of Austria, represented by the Federal Ministry for Labour and Economy
State level: Burgenland, Carinthia, Lower Austria, Upper Austria, Salzburg, Styria, Tyrol, Vorarlberg, Vienna
Charter cities/towns: Graz, Linz, Salzburg, Innsbruck, Klagenfurt am Wörthersee, St. Pölten, Villach, Steyr, Wels, Krems an der Donau, Wiener Neustadt, Waidhofen an der Ybbs, Eisenstadt, Rust
Technical operations of GISA are handled by the City of Vienna, Municipal Department 01.
Division for Trade Law: email@example.com