International Tourism Relations
One priority of the Tourism Departments in the Federal Ministry of Labour and Economy is to foster international relations in tourism.
The following areas are of special significance:
- Strategic orientation of international tourism policy
- Tourism issues with regard to foreign countries, international organisations and tourism entities
- Representation of Austria at the European Union in the field of tourism
- Addressing tourist aspects in development cooperation
- Information about international tourist issues.
Bilateral tourism relations
The Federal Ministry of Labour and Economy pursues and intensifies bilateral tourism relations with the aim of sharing information, matching potential partners, supporting projects and discussing problem areas.
Implementation is taken forward at joint tourism committees and working groups within the framework of bilateral economic commissions, ad-hoc meetings, roundtable discussions and expert delegations.
Moreover, the Ministry is the information hub and contact point concerning any bilateral tourism matters.
Multilateral tourism relations
To enhance multilateral tourism relations, Austria cooperates with the European Union (EU) and a number of international organisations active in this field. They include the World Tourism Organization (UNWTO) and the Tourism Committee of the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD).